At Lakeshore Orthopaedics, we are devoted to offering you access to the latest promising treatments, including platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy. For patients who have experienced an injury to a tendon or ligament, PRP carries extra growth factors to the affected area, speeding the healing process. The PRP is extracted from the patient’s own blood via a centrifuge and is then injected into the affected area, guided by real-time ultrasonography. Once there, the PRP can help the injured tissue regenerate faster than it would otherwise.
PRP therapy can be helpful for the treatment of:
- Acute or chronic ligament strains
- Biceps tendinosis
- Chronic Achilles tendinosis
- Chronic partial tendon tear
- Distal biceps tendon partial tear
- Hamstring strain
- Joint arthritis
- Partial rotator cuff tears
- Patellar tendonitis/tendinosis
- Plantar fasciitis
- Quadriceps strain or partial tear
- Tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow
- Ulnar collateral ligament injury
Dr. Marjorie J. Delo has completed additional training specifically in platelet-rich plasma therapy and has the expertise and experience to assess, diagnose, and treat your injury or condition.
To learn more about our platelet-rich plasma or to schedule an appointment, please call (920) 320-5241 or click the Appointment Request button.